- Cook Italian Sausage in large pot till brown. I prefer making small meatballs by squeezing the right amount out of the sausage casing into the pan and cooking till brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic to the browned sausage and cook till fragrant.
- Put all remaining vegetables (except the leafy greens) in the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes. Precooking the veg helps them to retain a bit of firmness/bite once they’re cooked through.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, and spices and heat till warm, then throw in your leafy greens, torn into bite-sized portions and cook till tender.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with fresh Parmesan, serve with a slice of fresh bread and enjoy!