- Combine flour and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in 3 Tbsp. of the wet ingredients.
- Begin mixing by hand then gradually add the remaining liquid.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes. Form into a ball and cover.
- Allow dough to rest and relax for 30-60 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide dough into quarters and work into the pasta machine.
- Boil in salted water for 3-5 minutes. Remove noodles and place in bowl then toss with olive oil. Reserve 1 cup of the liquid for the pesto.
- Broil poblano peppers and jalapenos till skin is blackened.
- Remove from oven and wrap in foil to let cool.
- Once the peppers are cool, remove blackened skin and seeds (to decrease spiciness).
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and mix till smooth.
- Add pesto and 1 cup boiling water to pasta and toss.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in foil to let cool.
- Once cool, remove skins, and slice into quarters.
- Add sliced beets to pasta and pesto and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Juanita Barrientos, Executive Chef at Happy Harvest