- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Whisk maple syrup, oil, and water in a measuring cup and add to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until everything is completely soaked and dough is thick.
- Divide dough in half, place one half into a bowl and add flavoring if desired. Gather into a ball and place between layers of parchment. Repeat with second half.
- Leaving dough between the parchment, roll out into a thin sheet the size of your cookie sheet, remove top layer of parchment and score with desired shape. Repeat with the second half of dough. Leave on parchment and let sit on the counter for at least 2 hours, all day, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Transfer parchment with dough to cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the entire cracker over, peel off the parchment, and bake for 10 minutes, until crisp and dry.
- Let cool completely on cooling rack and then break along the scored lines.
Recipe courtesy of Juanita Barrientos, Executive Chef at Happy Harvest