- Roast beets at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and wrap in foil to cool. Once cool, remove skins and puree beets.
- Whisk pureed beets and milks, then stir in honey and sugar.
- Transfer mixture to sauce pot and bring to light boil for 1 minute.
- Make arrowroot slurry by combining arrowroot starch and water. Add to sauce pot, whisk, and boil for 2 minutes, until thick.
- Pour into large bowl with goat cheese and whisk vigorously.
- Pass mixture through sieve and let cool completely.
- Pour into ice cream machine and mix according to directions.
Recipe courtesy of Juanita Barrientos, Executive Chef at Happy Harvest