Ice Cream Directions:
- Combine 2 cups milk, sugar, coffee, and salt in saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Once sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat and let steep for approximately 45 minutes.
- Reheat until steamy. Pour in remaining 1 cup milk.
- In separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Pour the hot milk over the yolks and then return the mixture to the sauce pain.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (approximately 5-10 minutes).
- Pour cooked mixture through a strainer. Add vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee. Let cool completely.
- Place in ice cream maker and churn till frozen.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse till the dough binds together.
- Press dough into a greased tart pan and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, till set.
- Pour churned ice cream into prepared crust. Top with sliced bananas and let cool till frozen solid (6-8 hours or overnight).
- Sprinkle top of pie with sugar and caramelizing using brulee torch.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!